SilentSync® SKL QD Flangeless Bushings Inch
Flangeless QD Bushings Quick Disconnect
Flangeless SKL QD bushing starts with a letter then a fraction. Example: SKL-1/2 = Bushing. SKL is the series size and the fraction call out is the shaft size. This example the bushing bore is ½”. Bushings are supplied with bolts, lock washers. Keys are supplied only if a special shallow keyway is required. The SKL bushing can be used to install on any “SK” sprocket for a narrower hub less profile. Important: Do not use lubricants during bushing installation.
SKL Flangeless Bushings Important: Do not use lubricants in this installation
- Inspect shafts, bushing, and mating hub. Remove all nicks, paint, dirt, grease, etc. from mating surfaces.
- Place key in shaft’s key seat.
- Slide bushing onto shaft and key. Small End of Taper Must Be Outboard.
- Slide tapered mating hub over bushing. Align (1) the shaft key with one of the slots in the mating hub and (2) the drilled holes in mating hub with the threaded holes in the bushing.
- Put lock washers on cap screws and insert one cap screw thru each drilled hole in the mating hub and into the threaded hole in the bushing.
- Use a Torque Wrench. Tighten all cap screws evenly and progressively in rotation. Torque around all the cap screws as often as necessary until the listed torque value remains on each cap screws.
- Loosen and remove all cap screws from assembly.
- Install one cap screw in each threaded hole in the mating hub.
- Evenly torque each cap screw in rotation to force the mating hub off the bushing.